Practicum 1 – Kaidence Sampsel

What I perceive is happening in the clip is MrBrettsClass created a video to help make a catchy song to help students memorize who were part of creating the Federalist Papers and what they wanted to accomplish with the papers. I feel that by creating a song, using the rhythm and beat of an already popular song, helps students to stay engaged and on top of what they are learning. A lot of kids feel disengaged and lose interest in the classroom quickly, but by introducing them to a video helps them associate knowledge to being fun.

I believe that this illustrates a core concept of American political culture is that it gives basic information on how our modern world was shaped. Without Federalism and the Federalist Papers, we wouldn’t be in our society today. Federalism is about splitting power between State and government, rather than anti-Federalist who wanted the States to have control over power. If our country was overruled by the anti-Federalist, we would be in a completely different society. In the end, I think the way the Federalists were able to win over just enough anti-Federalist with their papers shows just how hard our past leaders fought just so that we could live in our current society.

Discussion Questions: 

1. In what ways did the Federalist Papers improve the Article of Confederation?
  2. Who were Federalists, and what did they believe?
  3. Why do you think the Federalists thought it was important to create the Federalist Papers?
  4. Discuss how the Federalist Papers helped create the Bill of Rights.
  5. What were the main points of the Federalist Papers?

Personally I enjoyed this assignment, it’s something achievable as everything is available to complete the assignment. I feel as if you should use this assignment in the future as it helps even me to understand more deeply into what the first two chapters propose. 

1 comment on “Practicum 1 – Kaidence Sampsel

1. Teresa Koehler

Cool post Kaidence! I thought you brought up an interesting point of using media and music together to create interesting and fun learning material. But, on a more governmental look, what I especially liked about your post was the thought on what our country would look like today if anti-federalists over-ruled. I wonder what that would look like. It’s a fun and provoking thought.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.