Practicum 2

Question 1: What is your opinion about what happened on January 6th?

Friend #1 said that they thought it was staged.

Friend #2 thought that the whole event was overdramatized.

Friend #3 said that they felt like the people involved in the act could have thought more about it.

Question 2: What do civil rights mean to you?

Friend #1 said that civil rights are rights given to them by the government.

Friend #2 said that civil rights are pretty much human rights, such as education and voting.

Friend #3 agreed with friend #1 and said that civil rights were given to us by the government.

Question 3:What do civil liberties mean to you?

Friend #1 said that civil liberties are given to them for simply being American.

Friend #2 said that civil liberties are more focused on material possessions than civil rights were, such as rights to bear arms.

Friend #3 said that they believed that those liberties were given to them by the constitution

Question 4: Do you think the constitution still covers enough to continue to be valid?

Friend #1 said yes, it does

Friend #2 said no, it doesn’t

Friend #3 said for the most part, it does.

Question 5: Why do you think that?

Friend #1 said they thought that way because the Constitution still covers all the rights and liberties that Americans have.

Friend #2 said they thought that because they feel like it could be changed to better fit modern times.

Friend #3 said that they thought that way because for the most part the constitution still covers what it needs to but there’s some parts of it that could be modernized.

This assignment made me think about how little I know about my friends’ political views. But it was fun getting to hear their views on the questions I had asked them. This assignment could be continued to be used for this class.