Practicum 3: Vote

The steps needed to vote is going to vote.gov to start the process, then depending on state and territory, the next step can reach you by mail, online, or in person at a local election office. Another few ways to vote are downloading the national mail voter registration form. You can fill it out onscreen and print the completed form, or print the blank form and fill it out by hand. Remember to sign the form before mailing it to the location listed for your state. Or checking with local government offices to see if you can register in person. First option is finding your department of motor vehicles office, another option is locating a nearby armed forces recruitment center. The last option is contacting state and county public assistance offices such as SNAP/food stamps.

Upon first look, the process seems difficult to do. But once it’s started, it’s not too rough of a process to do. For Alaska, the process can be done fully online or through mail or you can go in person and get it done. There are just a few links that need to be clicked on in order to get to the registration form. I went through to the main process, but I haven’t gotten around to switching to an Alaska drivers license so I was unable to get done with the process completely. 

I think the younger generation is more likely to vote since they are out more and they see more of the candidates than older people. Also they are less experienced on how everything works and feel as though their vote makes a bigger difference than it actually does. 

https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote